Serving grades K-222 years of age. Teachers & therapists collaborate to provide individualized curriculum that addresses a child’s specific goals.
At KIDA School, our philosophy is that investing in one’s child is the greatest investment a person can make. KIDA strives to serve its students and families with the best possible education, including comprehensive learning, collaborative teams of teachers and therapists, and a state-of-the-art facility. Our curriculum addresses the child as a whole and develops children’s academic, language and communication, fine and gross motor, social, functional, fitness, and play skills by addressing each child’s unique talents and areas for growth. An individualized plan is created for each student, progress is measured with data, and goals are constantly assessed and revised based on the student’s progress.
Highlights of our program include:
- Small class size with Low teacher-student ratio
- Teachers and therapists who are licensed, highly-educated, and trained in behavior management
- Technology-based individualized instructional support (iPads, touch screens, and XBOX Kinect)
- 360-minute school days and 220 school days per year of integrated academic instruction
- Life skills development, including cooking, laundry, learning the bus system, and monthly community outings
Additional individual services can also be incorporated into your child’s school day:
- 1:1 Classroom Aide (Holds at least a Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience)
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Language Therapy
- Behavioral Support
- Adapted Physical Education
KIDA is a certified non-public school (NPS) by the California Department of Education and collaborates with school districts to determine appropriate educational placement.